Spousal Support Modification

If spousal support was ordered as part of the divorce Decree or Judgment, either party may have the right to seek a support modification of the terms so long as the award was not deemed non-modifiable originally.

Because of how important the child support payments are, modification most often requires the filing parent to show a significant change in circumstances. For the paying parent, this commonly takes the form of a drop in income, frequently due to the loss of a job.

The receiving ex-spouse can seek an adjustment if the payer’s income has risen substantially.
Conversely, the payer may be able to seek to reduce or terminate spousal support if the ex-spouse has remarried or achieved financial independence.

Have Questions?
We Have Answers.
Free Case Review Call Now