Child Custody Modifications

There may come a time when you want to modify your child custody agreement.

Whether custody terms were set out in the divorce decree, or you were never married but have a court-approved custody agreement, you can petition to alter custody itself or to change specifics of the day-to-day parenting arrangements.

To make a child custody modification, you must show a change in circumstances. These factors often include one parent losing a job, drastic income change, and shifts in a child’s needs.

There are a variety of reasons that a couple might need to modify a child custody order or custody agreement, but a change in your circumstances is necessary to start the process. Losing a job, drastic income change, and shifts in a child’s needs are just some of the reasons you might have to petition the court for a modification.

If the modification is for the purpose of addressing a move away by you or the other parent outside Washington, refer to our practice area “Relocations“.

Have Questions?
We Have Answers.
Free Case Review Call Now